SOUTH LA WALK-UP TESTING FACILITY: The City is launching a new walk-up testing site in South Los Angeles at the Kedren Community Health Center. Most of the City’s testing sites are drive-through sites, where people are tested from their cars. Recognizing that many people don’t have cars, we are opening a second walk-up site in an area that serves the African American Community. You must still make an appointment at coronavirus.lacity.org
REMEMBER: Testing is only granted by appointment only. Testing is available for anyone EXHIBITING symptoms. We are still prioritizing people over the age of 65, however, anyone showing symptoms can now request a test at coronavirus.lacity.org
GOAL: 60,000 LA County residents will have been tested by the end of this week
Property Tax Penalty Waiver
Homeowners who were unable to pay their 2nd half property taxes by April 10th due to COVID-19 can apply to the LA County Collector to have any penalties waived.
For complete information go to: https://ttc.lacounty.gov/
Here are some key points on the application”
- On Step 2, under R&T Section, enter: 4985.2
- On Step 3, please note, a majority of homeowners will not have an “Unsecured Property Bill or Number”, so this will most likely remain blank.
- On Step 4, for your 2nd half annual property taxes due April 10, 2020:
- Select: “Annual Secured Property Tax Bill”
- For Tax Year: 2019
- On Step 5, write an explanation on how COVID-19 has impacted your ability to pay. (500 word maximum)
- After applying, the taxpayer will receive a confirmation email with a confirmation number.
- Include this confirmation number on any additional correspondence.
- If additional information is needed, the county will contact the taxpayer directly via email.
- Once the tax collector has determined the outcome of the request, the taxpayer will be contacted directly on payment options and time frames to pay unpaid property taxes.
- Note: The tax collector will not call unannounced and request personal information over the phone.
- Note: If unable to apply online, call 213-974-2111 to apply.
Please practice social distancing when biking and be sure to not draft behind other bicyclists. Ride 20 yards back. While beach bike paths are closed, others are open and you can check them on this bike map.
Where’s your stimulus check?
If you qualify for an economic impact payment, the federal government is neck-deep in the process of depositing the first stimulus checks of up to $1,200 into the bank accounts of eligible US residents, beginning with people who have direct deposit set up with the IRS. Millions of people qualify for the payment, so when you receive the money could take time.
If you’re eligible, you can track the status of your check at any time through an online portal on the IRS website called Get My Payment. Use these step-by-step instructions on how to use the online tracking tool.