Mayor Garcetti Speaks About Racial Justice and Business Reopening:

Report Police Misconduct

To file a complaint of police misconduct click here for the form or call their 24 hour toll free hotline at (800) 339-6868.

This form is only used for complaints of misconduct involving Los Angeles Police Department employees. The Los Angeles Police Department does not investigate employees of other Los Angeles (LA) City departments, such as the Department of Water and Power or the Bureau of Sanitation, nor does it investigate LA County agencies, such as the LA County Sheriff’s Department. If you need to reach another LA City department, call 3-1-1 for assistance or find additional information online.

Firecrackers are Illegal

ALL FIREWORKS ARE ILLEGAL in the City of Los Angeles. As much as LAPD tries to address the issue every year, the City of LA remains on tactical alert, so LAPD resources are stretched thin and they have to prioritize calls for service.

If you have an actual address to where the fireworks are coming from, or the identity of people selling them, please forward it to your LAPD Senior Lead Officer so they can do a follow-up at the residence. If you have a description of the individual(s) responsible, that’s even better, but not necessary.

You can also call the non-emergency number 877-ASK-LAPD (877-275-5273) for fireworks.

LAUSD Reopening Survey

Had enough homeschooling or ready to take on another year?

LAUSD is surveying parents to find out what their preferences are regarding reopening schools in the fall: remote learning, on campus full time, hybrid and the details surrounding all that.

Take the survey and share your opinion now!