And here are a few of the community updates for the Park Mesa Heights & the West Area provided by Dina Andrews, Sr. Field Deputy for Councilmember Marqueece Harris-Dawson.
1. We are continuing to have COVID 19 Testing at Fire Station 54 Tuesday – Saturday. Walk-ups welcome before 3p.m. Visit curative.com to schedule an appointment
2. COVID 19 Vaccinations are back at Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Mall upstairs, outside adjacent to Wells Fargo Bank (enter on Victoria). If anyone in our community is still seeking vaccinations please call our office at 213.485.7616 for an appointment this week. Speak to anyone that answers the phone and they can assist you. Walk-ups welcome after 1pm.
3. It’s my understanding that there are still questions about Fire Station 54 aka The AFIBA Center. Public Statement from Councilmember Harris-Dawson that we hope clears up any questions: Fire Station 54 Public Statement.02.16.21 JK
4. Also continue to use MYLA311 on a regular basis. Though we have had City cutbacks and departmental furlows the city departments are still up and running, and our team is still here to help you if your Service Requests are not completed after you report them. Remember to keep your SR#’s in case you need for us to liaison with city departments on your behalf.
5. If you have any major issues that MYLA311 does not support, please email me directly at Dina.Andrews@lacity.org.